COLLECTIONThis explains why I collect your personal data, how I store it and what I do with it.
When you supply your personal details to this clinic they are stored and processed (used) for 4 reasons. The words in bold are terms used in the General Data Protection Regulation, the law that covers what can legally happen to personal data.
- I need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and my agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that I would not be able to provide treatment.
- I have a Legitimate Interest in collecting that information because without it I couldnt do my job effectively and safely.
- I also think it important that I can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with me or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes Legitimate Interest, but this time it is in your interest.
- Provided I have your consent, I may occasionally send you general health information in the form of advice, articles, news updates. You may choose how you would like to receive this information and withdraw consent at any time. Just let me know by any convenient method.
STORAGEYour records are stored:
- on paper in a locked filing cabinet within in a locked office.
- in a locked case in the locked boot of a car if circumstances require me to access your records away from the clinic.
- on a password-protected, backed up and securely stored computer (In the case of medical reports and letters for medico-legal purposes; not your medical notes)
ACCESSI will never share your data with anyone who does not need access unless with your specific written consent.
Only the following people will have routine access to your data:
- Myself as your practitioner in order to provide you with treatment
- An administrative assistant appointed by myself to organise my diary and manage appointments (who will not have access to your medical history or any sensitive personal information)
- From time to time I may have to employ people to perform certain tasks which might give them access to your personal data but not your medical notes. I will ensure that they are fully aware of the confidential nature of this information and that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
I want you to be absolutely confident that I am treating your personal data responsibly and that I am doing everything I can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
If you feel that I am mishandling your data in any way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be addressed to what is referred to as the 'Data Controller' - in this case, myself. The details you need for this are:
Tel: +353 85 7681010
Baltoney, Gortahork, Co Donegal, F92 R1X0
If you are not satisfied with my response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Data Protection Commissioner, email@example.com, Tel: +353761104800